Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Quiet Day

Tuesday, November 29, 2011  9:30pm

Morgan has had a very routine day.  Honestly, there is not much to report about this day. 

She has rested well, had a bath, and has been content for most of the day.  The doctors are pleased with her progress.  The is not much change.

On Sunday, Morgan began a short steroid regimen to try to help boost her lungs and ultimately move towards weaning her from the nasal cannula.  Today is day three out of five.

Morgan continues to try to learn to eat from the bottle. As we have stated before, this is a very slow process.  Each time she takes a full bottle during a feeding, it is like climbing a set of stairs for an adult.  It simply wears her out. Over the next few weeks, she will gain the strength to climb those stairs every three hours, when it is her feeding time. 

Please continue to pray for Morgan's lung development and healing.  Also remember her feedings as well as the energy and strength needed to progress.  She is doing very well.  Please keep those charged with her care in your prayers, as well. 

Today was one of those work days for me... meetings all day and then a client dinner tonight.  I found time to breathe and go visit Morgan this afternoon. That little turkey and I rested in the recliner for about 45 minutes.  I relished in her warm skin against mine.  My heart sang as I listened to her baby noises and I had the biggest smile on my face.  Seth and I just love being around her and find so much joy in all she does!

As always,  thank you for all your love and support!

Elizabeth and Seth McCoin

1 comment:

  1. Quiet days mean good days! I'm glad she was able to eat and rest peacefully with you. Continuing to pray for her lung development, those taking care of her, and y'all!! Love, S

    ReplyDelete