Friday, October 28, 2011

Hanging Tight!

Friday, October 28, 2011  9:15pm

Morgan has had a very good day!  She is resting, eating and pulling a few stunts!   Truly, there is not much to report today! Yea!

The doctor is very pleased with Morgan's progress.  He plans to wean her very slowly from the C-PAP in order not to cause too much stress on her little body.  That is fine by us!  As he explained, Morgan's lungs can continue to grow without stress if she stays on the C-PAP longer.  Essentially, the C-PAP will assist, very little, in breathing, yet prevent her from causing undo stress on her critical and healing lungs.  We continue to pray for her lungs as they grow new tissue and grow stronger!

Her feedings continue to go well. She is tolerating the milk.  Not only is her digestive system working properly, but the calories and nutrition are her biggest ally! This is great news, and an answer to prayer. 

Tonight I held her for a little over an hour.  I always look forward to these moments.  Holding her in our arms and against our chest is so good for our souls!  I could hold her all night long.  When it was time to put her back in her bed, I turned her towards me and we looked deeply in each others eyes.  The moment is indescribable!  I wanted to tuck her in my coat and run out the door! 

She was so upset that prongs were in her nose during the time I was holding her that she slightly moved her head and they came out. I couldn't see her face, so I didn't know.  There was no reason to worry because her rates were perfect and she was breathing on her own.  After several of her fits and attempts to put the prongs back in, the nurse decided to put an oxygen mask at her nose and remove the prongs while I held her.  Morgan breathed on her on in my arms for over 45 minutes.  This is wonderfully encouraging news.  The nurse even pointed out what a great job she did and that it was a great sign for her as she weans in the future. 

Each day her voice gets stronger and louder. She moans and grunts when she wiggles.  She is beginning to cry when hungry or when she is upset.  I never thought that the sound of a baby crying was precious!  I am wrong... today!  I love hearing her noises!  I am sure the day will come when I will beg her to quit crying!  For now, it is music to my ears!

Thank you for your continued prayers for Morgan. Please pray for her lungs development and healing, her digestive system and nutrition, and the overall growth and development of her entire body!  Please keep the caregivers in your prayers, too.  Those who take care of little babies, like Morgan, have a very special gift and calling! 

With deepest gratitude for your love and support,
Elizabeth and Seth McCoin

2 comments:

  1. Dear Morgan, Thank you for being on my mind during call last night. Quite a few pumpkins needed lines checked. Probably because they have spunk like you. I thought of your parents' account of your will and feisty spirit with every little friend radiograph. Fondly, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear her sweet voice and am glad y'all are hearing the the precious sounds she makes. I pray she continues to grow and we keep hearing good reports!! Love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete