Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bumping Along

Tuesday, March 6, 2012  8:15pm

Honestly, today there is not much to report.  Morgan is still on the bumpy road, similar to yesterday.

Morgan's oxygen dependency continues to fluctuate.  Morgan is fussy, and at times, irritable.  They are not sure if Morgan is teething, restless or having withdrawals.  It could be a combination of all of the above. She did not sleep at all last night, although, she was happy and playful.  They have adjusted some of her medications, so it could be withdrawals.  The only known fact is that she is fluctuating and needing more oxygen assistance.  Please pray for her to settle down, rest, and breathe easier.  Her little lungs are effected so easily, and we do not want to regress any further.  We pray for life and healing of her lungs. 

Morgan did have a happy moment today... she was eating more peas.  Her eyes opened wide as I dappled a taste of peas on her tongue.  She smacked and smacked. That little pistol wanted more. She had peas on her hands, chin, neck and even rubbed peas in her eyes.  She was messy tonight, but loved it!

If I may take a moment, I would like to share something with you.  Today, Seth and I attended a Celebration of Life service for a dear friend.  I was struck by the ministers words.  While I believe in Heaven and being made whole, I heard it from a different perspective today.  Maybe this was because this was my first service since my son's.  Maybe it was because I thought about Houston loving Heaven and living life.  You see, the minister described our journey as life on earth, death on earth, and life in Heaven!  Life! Life abundantly! Life! I cried imagining Houston living, again!  I cried because I missed him.  Yet, I rejoiced knowing he is happy and I will see him again.  I bet he is dancing on the streets of gold... lets just hope he got Seth's rhythm.  Houston's time on earth was short, but fight was fierce and courageous.  He now is living life abundantly! My heart is full!  I felt Heaven today!

Thanks for all your love, prayers and support!  Seth and I are humbled and grateful!  This journey is exhausting, yet rewarding.  We love to be with our daughter and watch her grow.  Please remember the caregivers in your prayers, too!

Love,
Elizabeth and Seth McCoin

No comments:

Post a Comment