Monday, September 19, 2011

heartbeats

Thank you for dropping everything this afternoon to pray for Morgan!  We certainly had a major scare.  Our prayers certainly were answered by the Almighty this afternoon!  Can you imagine me speeding through red lights and running down the corridor at the hospital trying to get to her?  I am sure I was a sight to see.  I was praying out loud as a I ran. I am sure people thought I was seriously crazy.

This afternoon, very quickly, Morgan's rates dropped.  The nurses and doctor reacted immediately and saved her.  Literally!   It turns out that she plugged her ventilator tube.  Thankfully, it had nothing to do with her little body.  However, this is considered a set back.  This morning's X-ray was the best it has ever been, but the x-ray after the incident showed a slide backwards.

She continues to be on a steroid regiment through tomorrow.  She will receive another blood transfusion and additional meds.  The doctor was encouraged that steroids were working, this morning, and we hope that will help her bounce back.  In addition to the regular suctions, there will be added manual suctions and a closer eye kept on that.  I left the hospital around 6pm and she was resting and sleeping.  She certainly was worn out from the incident.

They have cut her feedings back to every eight hours.  They it is normal for babies to ebb and flow with milk as their gut develops.  They will feed her again around 3am.

Please continue to keep her in your prayers.  Pray for healing of her lungs, complete healing.  This will be a long road for her, but she is a fighter.

I just called to check on her and she continues to take baby steps forward.

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment